The purpose of this coalition is to provide injury prevention awareness programs related to traffic safety and child safety. The support for these two programs comes from the Safe Communities grant from the Ohio Department of Public Safety, and the Safe Kids Worldwide grant program.
The mission of SAFE (Safety Awareness For Everyone), Delaware County, is to serve as a countywide network that joins community partners, maximizes resources and provides leadership to prevent injury and fatalities in Delaware County.
The coalition meets quarterly at Mt. Carmel Fitness Center, 7100 Graphics Way, Lewis Center, OH, from 8:30 a.m.-10 a.m, on these dates:
- Thursday, May 16
- Thursday, Aug. 15
- Thursday, Nov. 21
Special events follow some of these meetings.
The SAFE Delaware County Coalition subcommittees meet as needed:
- Fatal Crash Data Review Committee (by invitation)
- Mature Driver Safety Committee
- Active Transportation Committee
- Child Passenger Safety Committee
- Event Planning Committee
- Commercial Driver Safety Task Force
- Railroad Safety Task Force
- Teen Driver Parent Task Force