The Delaware General Health District is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and highly educated workforce.Why Delaware General Health District?
- Provides an array of progressive public health services that greatly benefit our communities.
- Is one of the few health departments in the state and country to be nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board since 2013.
- Helped Delaware County capture the No. 1 spot among Ohio’s 88 counties in health rankings and outcomes in 2015.
- Is located in the heart of downtown Delaware, offering many unique eateries for lunch and great walkability for breaks.
Growth and Development
- Provides and allows for various local and out-of-state training and development opportunities, as well as tuition reimbursement to those who qualify.
- Supports internal growth opportunities and has a mentoring program in place.
- Provides annual pay increases for staff who receive a core performance appraisal.
- Conducts a salary survey biannually to ensure competitiveness of pay scale.
- Provides fun all-day, off-site educational conferences for our staff.
Work-life Balance & Support
- Supports staff when personal needs occur and provides a family-friendly environment.
- Full-time employees initially receive 15 sick, 12 vacation, 3 personal, and 12.5 holiday/admin paid days off per year, with opportunity to gain additional vacation and personal time (prorated for part time).
- Provides the possibility of an alternative work schedule and accrued time.
Benefits & Other Perks
- Offers affordable health, dental & vision insurance (free dental insurance for staff).
- Offers an excellent public retirement system contribution and optional deferred compensation programs.
- Provides free immunizations, health coaching and an employee assistance program.
- Offers free gym memberships and wellness rewards to those who are on our insurance plan.
- Offers a $300 match to employees for their flex spending account or for purchases made to support wellness.
Please click here to view current openings